Re: orthanc-postgresql

> > OK, I will thus introduce "Should-Start: postgresql" in the
> > "orthanc.init" published by the "orthanc" package. This will
> > not hurt, even if "orthanc-postgresql" is not installed.
>
> But it might hurt if PG is installed locally but Orthanc is
> configured to conenct to a remote PG. In that case Orthanc
> has no business meddling with the startup of a local PG.

On the other hand, if this instruction is absent, the Orthanc service might crash at boot if it is configured to use the local PG.

The downside is that that the boot time might be delayed if:
(1) Orthanc uses SQLite or an external PG server, AND
(2) the local "postgresql" package is installed.

But as Orthanc starts very quickly (no JVM for instance), I think this is a rather theoretical problem. I think I will just add an explicit notice in the "orthanc/README.Debian", saying that to optimize the boot time, the "Should-Start: postgresql" can be safely removed from "/etc/init.d" if the 2 conditions above are met.