Re: orthanc-postgresql

Once again, thanks for all your explanations!

> It would likely work for making orthanc only weakly depend on
> PG running. However, it would not guarantuee that PG is
> running when orthanc is configured to use PG.

I am unsure to understand the second part of this paragraph: Does "Should-Start" only mean that when the Orthanc service starts, PostgreSQL is guaranteed to start during the boot process, but not necessarily *before* Orthanc?

By contrast, does "Required-Start" means that the boot process will start Orthanc only when PostgreSQL is started?

> Would Orthanc still fail when configured for PG but PG not
> running or would it (silently ?!) fall back to use sqlite ?

If Orthanc is configured for PG but PG is not started, Orthanc will stop and will *not* fallback to sqlite.

Another point of attention is the following: Orthanc-PG does not necessarily requires PG to be running on the localhost (the PG server could be elsewhere). BTW, "debian/control" currently only "Suggests" postgresql. Would not this argument vote for "Should-Start" instead of "Required-Start"?

To be fair, I am more and more confused between the pros&cons of the introduction of the "orthanc-sqlite" package... I really feel unable to take the best decision by myself. The "orthanc-postgresql" and "orthanc-sqlite" are now ready for release. I could easily revert to "orthanc-postgresql" alone.

Andreas, Karsten, would it be possible for you to take this decision in my place? I will just make the job afterward...

Thanks,
Sébastien-