Re: orthanc-webviewer

Hi Sébastien,

thanks for your work on this package.

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 04:18:15PM +0100, Sébastien Jodogne wrote:
> As announced on Wednesday, I have just created a Debian package for the Web viewer of medical images that is based upon Orthanc [1]. The corresponding ITP has #779325.
>
> The code of the package is now available on the Debian Med repository [2]. It can be built from pbduiler, provided that the experimental packages are enabled because of the current freeze period [3]. Lintian reports one single warning:
>

> N: Processing binary package orthanc-webviewer (version 1.0-1, arch amd64) ...
> W: orthanc-webviewer: package-name-doesnt-match-sonames libOrthancWebViewer1.0
> <<<<<
>
> I am unsure of what to do with this warning. Could anyone (maybe Andreas?) have a look at this new package? Many thanks in advance!

That's OK.

However, I have two remarks.  It's advisable to use dh_linktree for the
Debian packaged JS files (feel free to ask for details if the hint might
be inclear).

Moreover I wonder if its really necessary to ship whole ZIP archives of
not yet packaged JS libs.  If I where you I would only ship the sources
(= not minimised) and minimize + install them in d/rules.