Re: [MoM] Pristine Tar Updated and Uploaded

Le Thu, Jul 03, 2014 at 08:38:24AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> The problem in my eyes is that debcheckout only works for just uploaded
> packages.  In MoM we usually are dealing with not yet uploaded packages
> and MoM students get the policy as main document at their hand.  So
> there is definitely a hole in our documentation that should be closed.

Hi Andreas,

just as a side note, and not to prevent from documenting alternatives: debcheckout
also works with URLs.

$ debcheckout --git-track='*' git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-med/bwa.git
declared git repository at git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-med/bwa.git
git clone git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-med/bwa.git bwa ...
Cloning into 'bwa'...
remote: Counting objects: 1230, done.
Receiving objects: 100% (1230/1230), 918.25 KiB | 267.00 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (806/806), done.
Checking connectivity... done.
Branch backports set up to track remote branch backports from origin.
Branch backports-meta set up to track remote branch backports-meta from origin.
Branch experimental set up to track remote branch experimental from origin.
Branch experimental-meta set up to track remote branch experimental-meta from origin.
Branch meta set up to track remote branch meta from origin.
Branch precise-ppa set up to track remote branch precise-ppa from origin.
Branch pristine-tar set up to track remote branch pristine-tar from origin.
Branch upstream set up to track remote branch upstream from origin.

In the end, perhaps the main problem is that git-buildpackage is not attempting
to use the pristine-tar branch when it is not tracked…

Cheers,

--
Charles