Re: Fwd: paper: Custom software development for use in a clinical laboratory

very interesting -- thanks for sharing.  I wondered though, if such an
in-lab software releases under FOSS license could then it be re-used or
better built-upon in another lab without violating FDA/etc regulations?

In-house developments resting on the work of FOSS projects are
nice but is there a way those could contribute back to the ecosystem?

What if such are exposed as 'services' and not 'software/devices' --
could then they be re-used within current legal framework(s)?

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko, Ph.D.
http://neuro.debian.net http://www.pymvpa.org http://www.fail2ban.org