Re: QA questions for gnuhealth

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 09:51:11PM +0100, Emilien Klein wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> On gnuhealth's PTS page [0] there are 3 issues listed, I'd appreciate
> some help figuring out how to fix them:
>
> 1) Lintian warning script-not-executable on file
> usr/share/dbconfig-common/scripts/gnuhealth-server/upgrade/pgsql/2.4.0
>
> In the same directory, there is another script (file 2.0.0) that
> doesn't trigger this warning. In the svn repo, I see that that file
> has the "SVN property" svn:executable set to *. How can I set that to
> the file 2.4.0? Should I just chmod +x the file and will that mark it
> as svn:executable, or are there other steps to take?

I can confirm that on my checkout it looks

$ ls -l gnuhealth/trunk/debian/database-scripts/upgrade/pgsql/
-rwxr-xr-x 1 andreas admin 525 Mär  2 09:08 2.0.0
-rw-r--r-- 1 andreas admin 546 Mär  2 09:08 2.4.0

so lintian is correct.  I'm personally not sure how to *cleanly* fix
this in SVN.  My way to do this was to remove the file first from svn
later add it again after making sure it is really executable.  Most
probably there is a simpler solution.

> 2) piuparts error: seems like an encoding issue with files coming from
> upstream. I've asked upstream if they have an idea how to fix it, and
> CC'd the list on my message.

I also can not help but added a slight hint.

> 3) override disparities: the following is mentioned for all 3 binary packages:
> <package>: Override says science - extra, .deb says science - optional
> Where is that "override" defined?
> And which should it be, extra or optional? From [1] I read:
> - The optional priority will usually work for new packages that do not
> conflict with others claiming required, important, or standard
> priority.
> - The extra priority will usually work for new packages that conflict
> with others with non-extra priorities.
>
> Based on that information, I would say optional, but I'd like to pass
> that by you for review.

Debian Med policy agrees to your analysis that optional should be used.
Most probably you started with extra and I usually force optional in any
d/control file I see something else.  I think this either needs to be
manually fixced by ftpmaster or you keep on uploading optional and this
is cured without intervention.