My submission for LSM

Hi,

just for your interest - here is my submission for LSM

----- Forwarded message from 15th Libre Software Meeting <contact2014@rmll.info> -----

Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 21:33:15 +0000
From: 15th Libre Software Meeting <contact2014@rmll.info>
To: tille@debian.org
Subject: [RMLL2014] Thanks for your submission

### Your proposal

** Title (fr)**
*(no data entered)*

** Titile (en)**
Mentoring in the Debian Med team

** Introduction (fr) **
*(no data entered)*

** Introduction (en) **
The Debian Med team has a good tradition in mentoring newcomers. The talk
will explain how this could work for others to get their package of
interest included into Debian.

** Description (fr)**
*(no data entered)*

** Description (en)**
The Debian Med team tries to package Free Software which is relevant in the
field of Medicine and Biology. We have made quite some progress over the
last 11 years. This was also made possible since we are actively working on
forming a strong team working on the same goal. Since some software is
quite complex we try to pool our knowledge with upstream and provide some
training in Debian packaging. One part of this is the so called project
"Mentoring of Month". The talk will explain how we try to smoothen the way
for newcomers into our team to work on their own packages of interest to
finally get them included into Debian.

** Meeting duration**
40

** Conference level**
confirm

** Target public**
pro

** Topic**
Health

### About you

** Your name**
Andreas Tille

** Your email**
tille@debian.org

** Website **
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med

** Address**
*(no data entered)*

** Bio**
*(no data entered)*

** Bio (en)**
I’m a physicist by profession and a Debian developer since 1998. In 2002
I started the Debian Med project and worked since then to collect a lot of
people around this topic inside Debian.

** Other pratical information**
*(no data entered)*\---|

Sent via the site 15th Libre Software Meeting (https://2014.rmll.info)