Re: Presentation of Debian Med on local Next Generation Sequencing workshop (April)

On Wednesday, March 19, 2014 23:09:25 Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 12:46:16PM -0400, Carlos Borroto wrote:
> > I would definitely prepare good material talking about
> > 'reproducibility'. More below.
>
> I think the more effort we spent in autopkgtest suites the more we will
> be able to come closer to reproducibility.  I hope that this effort will
> be rewarded by such projects who for whatever reason do not (yet) trust
> our work.

There's also the issue of upgrades changing your environment.

We've had issues with newer versions of cufflinks and tophat introducing new
bugs. As a result the scientists our group tend to want to have consistent
versions installed.

I'm not sure if there's a good way of having multiple versions of a debian
package available on a single system.

Diane