Re: [MoM] New project for April (Was: New Contributor Game)

On 13/03/14 09:35, Ubiratan S. Freitas wrote:
> In my machine, the problem is that the file
> /usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/features/extserialport.prf
> points to the wrong include directory:
> INCLUDEPATH += /usr/include/qt4/QtExtSerialPort
>
> The .h files were installed in:
> /usr/include/QtExtSerialPort

Sometimes it's necessary to move files around in Debian to make things
fit with policy. This looks like one of those times that that's
happened. This is not a bug.

> Changing the .prf file so that it points to the right location allowed me to
> build and run SH without problems.
>
> So what do you think should I do? File the bug report anyway?

1) Try installing the binary -dev package and see if it moves where the
headers are going.
2) If they stay in the same place, you can use quilt patches[1] to fix
this in the Debian source package when you create it. It's often
necessary to change a couple of things to get things to line up properly.

[1]: https://wiki.debian.org/UsingQuilt

Iain.

--
urn:x-human:Iain R. Learmonth
http://iain.learmonth.me/

GPG Fingerprint: 1F72 607C 5FF2 CCD5 3F01 600D 56FF 9EA4 E984 6C49
Please verify out-of-band before trusting with sensitive information.

[[[ To any GCHQ or other security service agents reading my email: ]]]
[[[ Please consider if any professional body code of conduct to    ]]]
[[[ which you subscribe requires you to follow Snowden's example.  ]]]
[[[ Your professional membership, chartered or incorporated status ]]]
[[[ may be at risk.                                                ]]]