Re: [MoM] incorporating phyutility into the packages

Hi Andreas,
I updated the changelog and committed and pushed after
git import-orig --pristine-tar phyutility_2_7_1.tar.gz

I haven't updated for uscan yet, but will do that in a bit. However, on git-buildpackage, I am still getting the old tar although it is saying it is getting the newer one. If I actually grab the phyutility_2.7.1.orig.tar.gz, untar, and ant compile it is the correct version (no bug in compilation). So I am sure I am still missing something here.  Any idea?

Take care,
Stephen

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 1:57 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Stephen,

On Tue, Mar 04, 2014 at 10:54:49PM -0500, Stephen Smith wrote:
> Hi again,

great to see your progress while I was sleeping. ;-)

> OK, I believe I have fixed the code in phyutility (in the source repo not
> the debian repo). Also, in noticing that code.google doesn't allow
> downloads anymore, I moved it to github and added the new release.

Could you please adapt the debian/watch file to reflect the new location?

> Now, it
> seems I need to update the package but having some difficulty in the steps
> for this. I have tried git-import-orig with the new tar as well as
> git-import-orig --pristine-tar as well as pristine tar alone and it still
> seems to grab the older tar when doing git-buildpackage. What am I missing?

Did you adjusted the version in d/changelog (as I also did in

  commit 9040368bb9374142c884bc1ba72b6d53c07fb4e5

)?  If this is not the problem please send a full log and as always do
not hesitate to push your changes.

PS: The policy on Debian lists is to not CC the poster of a mail - just
    use the mailing list as To (except if the poster explicitly asks for
    beeing CCed since he is not subscribed.  It is no real problem for
    me personally but MoM includes teaching how to behave correctly in
    the Debian universe and you might get unfriendly answers if you do
    not respect this somewhere else on one hand and on the other hand you
    might miss answers if you are posting to a list where you are not
    subscribed if you are not aware that you will not be CCed.