About pysam

Hi Andreas,

I see that you are working on pysam, thank you for this !

If you are wondering why it was never uploaded, it is because of the extensive
code duplications with the samtools and tabix packages, which I could not try
to resolve because of my lack of understanding on how the C code is used in
python (in particular the relation between original code and the pxd or pyx
files).

See also https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2012/12/msg00112.html, it looks
like Diane prepared a patch.

Maybe I was overzealous, so if you feel like uploading, I definitely do not
mind !  I am using Debian and pysam in one of my tutorials for transcriptome
analysis (https://github.com/charles-plessy/tutorial/search?q=pysam&ref=cmdform).

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy