Re: Orthanc, Was: Introducing myself - conquest

However,

	invoke-rc.d orthanc start

doesn't do anything and directly invoking the server says:

	root@hermes:~# Orthanc --verbose --logdir=/var/log/orthanc/ /etc/orthanc/orthanc.json
	Orthanc: symbol lookup error: Orthanc: undefined symbol: _ZN3fLI7FLAGS_vE

I do not have this missing symbol problem on my Debian unstable box (x86_64 architecture). It is defined by the shared library "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglog.so.0.0.0" from the "libgoogle-glog0" package (version 0.3.3-1).

My version of dcmtk is 3.6.0-15+b1. Orthanc 0.7.2 works fine, even after upgrading my packages.

What can I do ?

As I am not very familiar with the versioning of Debian packages, perhaps someone on the Debian Med mailing list could give an insight about what could be the cause of this packaging error? Is it related to the Google Log package?

In the meantime, you can try and compile Orthanc by yourself. The build commands are explicitly given for Debian unstable in the "LinuxCompilation.txt" file [1]. The source package is available on GitHub [2].

Sébastien-

[1] https://code.google.com/p/orthanc/source/browse/LinuxCompilation.txt#95
[2] https://github.com/jodogne/Orthanc/#direct-links-to-official-releases