Re: Sponsoring request: new Debian version for libmialm

Hi Gert,

uploaded.

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 05:07:10PM +0100, Gert Wollny wrote:
> I notes that despite the default "low" given in the manpage 'dch -i" set
> the urgency to medium. I'm not aware that I changed a configuration file
> and I reset it manually to low.

There is no need to.  I asked the very same question recently on
debian-mentors and it was announced last autumn (November) on
debian-devel-announce.  Just using `dch -i` simply does the right thing.

> I also notes that running debclean after running git-buildpackage now
> deletes most of the files that are created by automake/autoconf, which
> means I have to run "git checkout ." to get them back. Technically they
> are not needed, but every command that manipulates the source tree then
> complains about the changes.

I think `--with autotools_dev` would save you from this nuisance.

> (It also deletes all the documentation files that can also be build but
> are in the original tarball, but this is something that I as upstream
> will have to fix - i.e. by not including them.)

... that's the advantage if upstream is the Debian maintainer - you have
an excellent contact. ;-)

Thanks for your work on this