Re: Orthanc 0.7.2 backport of wheezy

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 01:31:29PM +0100, Sebastien Jodogne wrote:
> However, I do not know whether this is the proper way of doing
> things with respect to Debian policy: When doing backporting, is it
> OK for the build system to build third-party dependencies, without
> backporting the third-party packages themselves?

Your feeling is correct that you should not download any third party
stuff but rather also backport the preconditions.

> I was not able either to find a complete "backporting handbook" for
> Debian Med packages: Andreas, is there such a guide available
> somewhere?

I admit I'm quite lazy with backports and while I definitely think this
is a reasonable task I somehow consider it "Somebody Else's Problem".
I simply need to restrict my field of work.