Re: I would like to submit a package to debian-med

Hey Andreas,

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 12:01 PM, Jorge Sebastião Soares <j.s.soares@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 11:34 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:

If I were you I would wait until upstream is tagged properly.  Once this
is done do

$ uscan --verbose --report
-- Scanning for watchfiles in .
-- Found watchfile in ./debian
-- In debian/watch, processing watchfile line:
   https://github.com/sanger-pathogens/snp_sites/tags    /sanger-pathogens/snp_sites/archive/([.\d]+)\.tar\.gz
-- Found the following matching hrefs:
     /sanger-pathogens/snp_sites/archive/0.1.tar.gz
Newest version on remote site is 0.1, local version is 1
 => remote site does not even have current version
-- Scan finished

If this is reporting 1 (or 1.0) you can do `uscan --force-download`
which creates a valid and properly named tarball.  Once you have this
tarball you can import it using

   git import-orig --pristine-tar

as it is written in our policy document and later simply add the debian/
dir.  This workflow usually leads to a properly buildable repository.

I've done all of this.
Before I could import the pristine tar I had to:

git branch upstream

Then I was able to import the original tar ball that was created with uscan.

Running git-buildpackage I get this:

js21@builder:~/clean_build/snp_sites$ git-buildpackage --git-ignore-new
dh clean --with autoreconf
   dh_testdir
   dh_auto_clean
   dh_autoreconf_clean
   dh_clean
fatal: Not a valid object name upstream/1

I can't seem to find where the problem lies.

Have you come across this before?

Regards,

Jorge