Role of afno

Hi Tim,

after having fixed a lot of bugs in old packages I was diving into our
todo list and found afno.  Since you commited spme packaging stuff for
afno I guess it might be useful for BioLinux.  I checked your packaging
in SVN and tried to enhance it to latest Debian Med standards.  However,
the package FTBFSes with

/bin/bash ../libtool  --tag=CXX   --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..   -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -pthread   -g -O2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -c -o align.lo align.cc
libtool: compile:  g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -pthread -g -O2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -c align.cc  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/align.o
In file included from index.h:22:0,
                 from align.h:21,
                 from align.cc:21:
util.h: In instantiation of 'T throw_errno_if_minus1(T, const char*, const char*) [with T = long int]':
util.h:107:44:   required from here
util.h:48:46: error: 'throw_errno_if_eq' was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
 { return throw_errno_if_eq( x, (T)(-1), a, b ) ; }
                                              ^
util.h:55:3: note: 'template<class T> T throw_errno_if_eq(T, T, const char*, const char*)' declared here, later in the translation unit
 T throw_errno_if_eq( T x, T y, const char* a, const char* b = 0 )
   ^
util.h: In instantiation of 'T throw_errno_if_minus1(T, const char*, const char*) [with T = int]':
util.h:130:73:   required from here
util.h:48:46: error: 'throw_errno_if_eq' was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
 { return throw_errno_if_eq( x, (T)(-1), a, b ) ; }
                                              ^
util.h:55:3: note: 'template<class T> T throw_errno_if_eq(T, T, const char*, const char*)' declared here, later in the translation unit
 T throw_errno_if_eq( T x, T y, const char* a, const char* b = 0 )
   ^
make[4]: *** [align.lo] Error 1

I wonder whether the package is worth spending more time into it (asking
some C++ experts what might be wrong here) or whether the package might
be not needed any more since there might be some better replacements.

Kind regards and thanks for your initial work on this