Re: [Package Fastaq] - uscan won't find upstream source - Regex in watch file not working as expected

Hey Andreas,

Sorry for PM.
Should have gone out to Debian. Gmail defaults...

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 1:15 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 09, 2014 at 11:01:33AM +0100, Jorge Sebastião Soares wrote:
> Source format 1.0 detected, adding exclude flags

Please use source format 3.0 (quilt) (if you do not have good reasons
not to use it).

I had forgot to copy this over from the package template.
Thanks for spotting it.

>  dpkg-source -i(?:^|/)\.git(attributes)?(?:$|/.*$) -I.git --before-build
> fastaq
> dpkg-source: error: source package name 'Fastaq' is illegal: character 'F'
> not allowed

Dpkg-source is just telling you the problem:  Debian packages have lower
case names.

That I knew. I was trying to find a way to keep the original git project name, which has an upper case F.

> js21@builder:~/deb_alioth/current/fastaq_packaging/fastaq$ uscan --verbose
> --force-download

As always you can find the answer to your question in the Debian Med policy
document.  You should seek for "package_template".  Check out the example
watch file and adapt it.  You will easily get the same as me, which works
nicely and is pushed.

Your fix only works because I have changed the upstream repository to my own on the watch file:

https://github.com/js21/fastaq

Notice the lowercase f.

Had I  kept the original repository:

https://github.com/sanger-pathogens/Fastaq/

uscan would get the upstream tarball, but would buildpackage would complain and grind to a hault, due to the capital F

> It seems to have replaced the uppercase F with the lowercase f but now it
> can't get the source tarball.
>
> I also tried differenl iterations of the filenamemangle regex:
>
> opts=filenamemangle=s/F/f/ \

NNOOOOOO, please don't try to be more clever than uscan!

The package is now built, but I still have lintian E's and W's to fix.
I will run buildpackage once again, this time with the original git project in the watch file to see what happens.
I have a feeling that buildpackage will still complain.

I'll report back when I have done this.

> and
>
> opts=filenamemangle=s/(.*)F(.*)/$1f$2/
>
> And others... But I still get the same error.

Hope this helps

It did help.

Kind regards,

Jorge