Re: [MoM] Using missing-sources directory correctly

Andreas - Adding them to Files-Excluded will work once I have updated the references and included the dependency for the jquery js packages.  At this time I am just going to continue with adding to missing-sources and will start to remove them (i.e. Add to Files-Excluded) after being able to test a completely functional system.

Slowly I'll chip away at the different dependencies/outdated software and hopefully have most things updated before long.

cheers
ian

On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 2:22 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 07:07:57PM -0700, Ian Wallace wrote:
> Ahhh good point.  This project has produced quite a few "gotchas" like
> this.  The custom does mean "a few bits left out" and I was going to place
> the completely jquery-ui-1.7.1.js in the missing sources (with the correct
> name of course) and see about removing it later.  The issue really is
> testing.  Replacing the reference without a in depth knowledge of what I
> might break seems like a bad idea.  Guess I might have to place the
> missing-sources reference, complete my packaging exercise that I have been
> working on with Andreas, and then with the help of upstream start to remove
> the offensive bits that FTP masters will complain about.
>
> I agree that we shouldn't be duplicating/shipping code that has security
> flaws in it and I won't have time to patch all the different little
> versions/files that this project uses.

OK.

> Thanks for the response.  Can you clarify though just on the semantics of
> missing-sources - am I supposed to recreate the directory structure and
> include the source in the correct directory?  I noted that even if I just
> touch the file (zero byte file) will make the warning go away ... but
> obviously not satisfying the requirement to ship the source in the package.

I would recommend not to use missing-sources but rather list them as
Files-Excluded as you did with phpmyadmin.  Hope this answers the
question.