Re: Status of uw-prism packaging for Debian

On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 4:56 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:

> I'm forwarding a part of a discussion to you legal experts for
> clarification:

I'm afraid debian-legal is mostly armchair lawyers. If you want to
consult actual lawyers, it would be best to get legal advice from the
SFLC, who we have gotten legal advice from before. Please contact the
Debian Project Leader, he can proxy this question to them.

> On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 11:15:49AM -0700, Ira Kalet wrote:
>
>> Also there is a disclaimer on my web site that might not satisfy the
>> Debian policy requirements that I read.  It says that the software
>> is provided for research and study.  The license does not legally
>> restrict its use in a clinical application, though other such
>> systems, such as PLUNC from Univ. of North Carolina do include such
>> restrictions in their license agreement.  Maybe it could just go
>> into the non-free area.
>
> What do you think?

I think that sounds fine for main, as long it is just a disclaimer and
not a requirement or part of the license..

It would also be great if someone could convince the Univ. of North
Carolina to move that out of their license into a disclaimer, or just
move to a standard license.

--
bye,
pabs