Re: insighttoolki4, (was gccxml is uploaded)

Il Lunedì 21 Luglio 2014 12:01, Gert Wollny <gw.fossdev@gmail.com> ha scritto:

>Hello Gianfranco,

Hi Gert!

>I tried to compile it over the weekend. I was working in a cowbuilder
>i386 environment and the  gccxml errors in <emmintrin.h> are back.
>I confirmed that the gccxml version used was really the latest one.

the SSE2 was fixed when I did the build, this is somewhat tricky :(

having a non reproducible issue is really annoying from my side!

I'm thinking about a pbuilder-dist "issue", but I honestly don't know why the build succeeded, and I cannot prove it...

>But all is not lost, earlier I was wondering why  <emmintrin.h> gets
>included at all, and I've added a patch to ITK that simply inhibits the
>inclusion of this header if __SSE2__ is not defined. (Upstream report:
>[1]). It seems to compile now (did it on my laptop where it takes >12h,
>so it's not finished yet.)

yes, the patch seems really nice, however I'm still worried about this non-reproducibleness, (also for tests, we can spurious test failures, and this is annoying!)

>There still seems to be some work going on regarding the fixes for the
>failing tests, which means later this week I will check back with the
>guys from Kitware to see what are the actual commits I'll have to
>cherry-pick, and then we will hopefully get this package uploaded --
>right before 4.6 is released ;)

Wonderful to hear! We are on your hands then ;)
It is nice when the maintainers are so active and proficient!

>> don't know if you already know this tool, but it is awesome for its simplicity
>Thanks, yes I knew it already. Thanks to NeuroDebian I discovered
>cowbuilder which is a wrapper around pbuilder and now I usually use this
>one.

I would say "I'll try it" but after pbuilder-dist I don't need anything else :p

thanks for working on this issue!

BTW the ubuntu sync has been accepted, and the package has been automatically rebuilt (it was lacking of the gccxml dependency)

it builded without any issue
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/insighttoolkit4
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/insighttoolkit4/4.5.2-3

maybe the log can help you a little bit ;)

cheers,

Gianfranco

>Best,
>Gert
>
>PS: I put the debian-med list in, because I think it's best when the
>team is aware of what's going on with the package.

Yes, nice idea!