Re: Debian package of OpenBUGS : issue with license of libOpenBUGS.so

Hi Dylan,

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 07:21:13PM +0200, Dylan wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
> I am able to build the package with:
> ARCH=i386 git-buildpackage --git-pbuilder
>
> As libOpenBUGS.so is a i386 library, I have not activated amd64 build for
> the moment (by adding g++-multilib in Build-Depends as upstream recommend,
> moreover this method does not seem correct for a good Debian package. Am I
> right?).

Hmmm, well, yes....  I do not have any i386 machine for package building
purposes at hand any more and I admit the use case for this package
would be really limited considering that more and more people who are
doing scientific work are using amd64.  So this method is at best
questionable.  It again brings back the question whether we could build
libOpenBUGS.so for architecture=any to make a sensible package.