Re: [MoM] Re: [openemr] 01/01: Lintian still complains ...

Hi Ian,

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 04:25:53PM -0700, Ian Wallace wrote:
> Andreas - Ahh I see.  I was changing this b/c I had erroneous created a GPG
> key with my full name and thought I needed those to match.  Looks like I
> should just drop the GPG key, revert back, and create a new key with Ian
> Wallace instead.

As far as I know you can attach several UIDs and you could simply add
one with the shorter name while leaving the long name.  Finally that all
does not really matter as long as the following is matching:

  1. d/changelog
  2. d/control
  3. one of your uids of the key (you can attach more than one to one key)

> I am still trying to wrap my head around how to make OpenEMR fit into the
> standard for Debian.  I am working with the upstream folks to try and
> figure out how to make that work.

That's exactly the work that needs to be done and up to now the Debian Med
team had nobody with the time capacity and knowledge.  I really appreciate
your work!

> I have noticed that we have a few embedded compiled JS files and some code
> that's duplicated (meaning there's a package in Debian for it ... but
> OpenEMR doesn't use it).

I guess Files-Excluded in debian/copyright is your friend.  (If you can
not parse this hint just tell me to be more verbose!)

> The origin of this is from the fact that OpenEMR
> is run on Windows by quite a few people and it's easier for an install to
> just have all the dependencies in one place.  I might need to talk with the
> packager for the XAMPP version for Windows to see if we can start removing
> the duplicates.

+1

> p.s. I think this is going to take way over a month to complete.

I admit this comes *fully* expected at my side and this is no problem at
all.  OpenEMR is quite a complex package and even a skilled packager
would have trouble finalising it.  IMHO we should keep on working with
this continuosly in this manner.  Our deadline is rather 2014-11-05 when
Debian will freeze ... actually probably we should upload until
mid-September to enable some testing in advance.  While it looks possible
it is a tough deadline anyway.

> We'll
> have a good start by the end of the MoM month but there's a version 7.1.3
> on the horizon and that's probably a good place to start with an
> experimental package release.

Fine for me.