Re: Updating fis-gtm package to 6.1

On 06/08/2014 06:01 PM (US Eastern Time), Luis Ibanez wrote:

[KSB] <…snip…>

Just to make sure that I'm summarizing the consensus from this discussion:

a)  My understanding is that we will package both versions
     of fis-gtm (6.0 and 6.1)

b) We will use the meta-package fis-gtm to point to the most recent version.

c)  The test scenario will be that a user should be able to have
     both versions installed simultaneously, without conflict.

Please correct me, if I have misunderstood the conclusions.

[KSB] Luis, you are correct about all three. Could you also make the following changes that the upstream version will pick up in the next release, but which can be independently made to the Debian package of the earlier releases?

Build the 32-bit flavor for i586, not i686, in order to allow the binary to run on the Intel Galileo without recompilation.

Make a 1-line change to gtmprofile.gtc as follows (I will send you the actual file off-list):

$ diff old/gtmprofile.gtc gtmprofile.gtc
84c84
< gtm_icu_version=`icu-config --version | gtm_chset=M $gtm_dist/mumps -run %XCMD 'Read x Write $Piece(x,".",1,2)'`
---
> gtm_icu_version=`icu-config --version | gtm_chset=M $gtm_dist/mumps -run %XCMD 'Read x Write $Select(+x>48:$Piece(x,".",1)/10,1:$Piece(x,".",1,2))'`
$

Effective version 4.9, ICU introduced a regression by combining the major and minor versions of the ICU version into the return result of icu-config --version, e.g., 49.1.2 vs. 4.8.1.1 (see http://userguide.icu-project.org/design#TOC-Version-Numbers-in-ICU). The change allows fis-gtm to work with both ICU 4.8 and 4.9.

Regards
-- Bhaskar

    Thanks

        Luis

--
GT.M - Rock solid. Lightning fast. Secure. No compromises.