Re: Adding python3-biopython

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 10:23 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> Hi again Peter,
>
> I have again detected an issue in the test suite which seems to be
> caused by a missing file:
>
> test_Fasttree_tool
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "run_tests.py", line 301, in runTest
>     self.fail("Warning: Can't open %s for test %s" % (outputfile, self.name))
> AssertionError: Warning: Can't open ./output/test_Fasttree_tool for test test_Fasttree_tool
>

> The file Tests/output/test_Fasttree_tool is missing from your source
> tarball (as well from the Git repository).  Since we really like to
> create the best possible package we would really try to run the full
> test suite and so it would be great if you somehow could provide this
> file (or give a hint how we could otherwise successfully run the test.

Correct. I forget the circumstances, but this was fixed last month:
https://github.com/biopython/biopython/commit/2b414d8a9ca0aa15ef4b4b3680b8bfc755776b56

> I also repeat my question from my last mail:
>
> Is it OK if I send this kind of reports to you or should I rather use
> the bug tracker or any mailing list.  Sorry, I have not maintained the
> package before and thus do  not know the prefered way of communication.

Personal email is fine, but as in this thread I do sometimes miss things.
You can report issues via GitHub, or raise queries on the Biopython
mailing list:

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/issues