HTSeq released incomplete tarball.

Hello,

I was wondering what one should do when upstream's source release tarball is
missing important components.

HTSeq's release tarballs after my initial release stopped including the .pyx
and .i source files and only included the C/CXX code generated by SWIG and
Cython.

I also discovered HTSeq's more recent releases don't include the documentation
tree.

Upstream pointed me at their subversion repository[1], but it doesn't have
release tags. I've tried to help upstream by trying to make some suggestions
to improve their packaging.

But I'm not sure what I should do now while waiting for them to decide if they
want to use my changes. (And I was still missing some parts).

My first attempt was to make a quilt patch that included the missing .i and
.pyx files but then I discovered that the doc tree was missing and I'm not
sure I want to add in a patch that is half of their release. (Upstream
tarballs dropped from 52k to 22k because of the missing docs and source
files.)

I could make my own tarball from their subversion archive, or I could keep
trying to engage upstream to make a new release with the
missing files.

Do you have any recommendations?

Diane

[1] svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/htseq/code/