Re: [RMLL/LSM] - CfP 2014

Hello again,

The CamiTK is also going to submit a presentation (as always waiting for the last minute to submit, sorry about that to the organizer). So we are looking forward to meet Andreas and Johan again in the south of France!

Kind regards,
Mahnu

PS : We plan to submit the following abstract:
Computer Assisted Medical Intervention (CAMI) domain is a multidisciplinary field. Researchers with different specialties as medical imaging, robotics, bio-mechanics collaborate for the conception of a CAMI project. Usually, the software tools related to this scientific fields are very specific and do not allow interoperability. CamiTK [1] is an opensource framework intended to provide a common tool for people working in different CAMI domains. This platform, more specifically designed for the prototyping of CAMI applications, integrates solutions (algorithms, file format managers, ...) in image processing, robotics, bio-mechanics simulations and its aim is trying to gather the know-how in one place. CamiTK is a community project and encourages the sharing of code units. To facilitate the collaboration, architecture of CamiTK was designed to minimize the cost of integration within the framework. For instance a CamiTK developer only needs to add his modules as plugins. CamiTK is developed in C++ and based on Qt and VTK (for visualization) libraries. It is supported on Linux, Windows, Mac and its API is now exposed to Python. CamiTK project was initiated within the TIMC laboratory of the University Joseph Fourier in Grenoble, by now it hosts over than 80 opensource extensions. The next milestone of the project is to set up and federate its use in the French laboratories working on CAMI research field (CAMI Labex).
This outline will be followed during our intervention:
- Medical and scientific interest of the projet
- OpenSource and community aspects of the project
- Software architecture of CamiTK
[1] http://camitk.imag.fr/