Re: Question about a licensing problem

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 01:17:04PM +0100, Gert Wollny wrote:
> one version, 2.21 is GPL, but already for reasonable sized brain
> image data the code crashes, and the way the code is written there
> is no easy way to fix this, and hence, Oscar went with version 3.0,
> which works.
If the API is the same you might be able to have it depend on either,
or do something where the default behaviour is to use the GPL one
but be able to use the non-GPL one.

The problem with that approach is that someone has to maintain the
GPLed version for at least some bug fixes. I don't know how big a job
that is, but it might be significant.

 - Craig

--
Craig Small (@smallsees)   http://enc.com.au/       csmall at : enc.com.au