Re: Package dssp does not contain /usr/bin/dssp and no information about the name change

Hi Jon,

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 07:29:23AM +0000, Jon.Black@radboudumc.nl wrote:
> Andreas, is manually creating a symlink a sufficient workaround for the
> time being?

Sure.  I'll update the Debian package accordingly.

> I understand that this isn't ideal but I have other
> priorities that will keep me occupied for the next couple of weeks.
>
> As for the change Maarten made, I'm indifferent. I think the new name
> (mkdssp) is more descriptive of what the executable is used for, and
> since the fix in biopython is trivial, I'd prefer to stick to it rather
> than change it back. What do you think?

While we can easily solve the issue inside Debian with the symlink I
think it is quite reasonable to inform the BioPython authors about the
name change since they are obviously not aware about and users of
non-Debian systems will run into failures.