Re: SimpleITK

Hello,

Thank you very much for considering packaging SimpleITK.

You are referring to versioning of the tar balls found on SourceForge?
http://sourceforge.net/projects/simpleitk/files/SimpleITK/

I unfortunately didn't pay to much attention to how that file name string was created. It's either the mostly a git tag or our PEP 386 [1] versions string generated from the state of the git repository. This is used for descriptive versions of nightly versions.

The source code tar-ball "release" with "post" in it likely shouldn't have been made and instead another tag made. I can easily not use versions with "post" or "dev" to be considered "releases".

If there is not an existing debian watch regexp, for pep 386 versions, then could other tar balls not matching the expected "X.Y.Z-pre" format be ignored? Do you need to watch the release candidate?

Otherwise, if I am understanding these requirements:
1) don't trim primary versioning number
2) precede pre-releases with '-'
3) don't use "post" or "dev" in "releases" ( they should be ignored )

The source code script could be modified to use the '-'. However, that would restrict some possibilities with "nightly" python source.

Thanks,
Brad

[1] http://legacy.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0386/