Packaging inspect for Debian

Hi,

I'm writing you on behalf of the Debian Med team that has the goal to
include Free Software which is relevant in medicine and biology into
official Debian.  For instance the following list of packages in the
field of biology might be relevant for you to understand this goal
easily:

   http://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/bio

The programm inspect at

   http://proteomics.ucsd.edu/Software/Inspect.html

came into our interest and we would like to do the packaging as well.  I
downloaded the source code and found some binary JAR files in it which
is a show stopper to let a package go into main Debian if there are no
sources.  Considering that the license of inspect would be regarded as
"non-free" under the strict Debian Free Software Guidelines since it
restricts commercial usage this is no real harm but refering to the
correct locations where this third party software was obtained from is
mandatory.

I was trying to seek for ComputeFDR.jar which has NOTICE.TXT file
stating

  This file is part of the Universal Java Matrix Package (UJMP).

but when I downloaded ujmp[1] I was not able to find anything which
seems to be related to the content of ComputeFDR.jar.  Also some web
search only revealed a description how to use ComputeFDR - but no real
hint where its source can be found and whether it is distributable or
not.

I also failed to find any hint about the sources of BuildMS2DB.jar
and MS2DBShuffler.jar.  On the other hand none of these JARs is needed
to build the inspect executable and I wonder for what purpose these
JARs are bundled into the inspect source at all since I can not find
any hint that these are actually used.

I hope you like our idea to package inspect and will be able to shade
some light into the issues above.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/ujmp/files/ujmp-complete/
[2] https://bix-lab.ucsd.edu/display/CCMStools/ComputeFDR