Re: [Debian-med-packaging] bowtie2-2.2.0 no 32bit builds anymore

On 02/21/2014 02:17 PM, Olivier Sallou wrote:
On 02/21/2014 02:11 PM, Alex Mestiashvili wrote:
Hi All,

The new version of bowtie2 was released recently and it seems that it
works only on 64 bit platforms.

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-med/bowtie2.git;a=blob;f=Makefile

lines 141-143.
If program is coded to support only 64 bits arch, this may require to
limit the available archs.
Most computers are 64bits now and it is a difficulty to code programs to
manage both when you are looking at managing large data.

Hi Olivier,

Sure I can limit the archs, just want to be sure that I am not missing anything.

Could anybody please have a look or try to build for i386 the source
to confirm/disprove the sentence above ?
I see it also uses sse, with no test condition, so it will fails on some
architectures.

we had this problem in the past too, the previous version was built only for:

 amd64 i386 hurd-i386 kfreebsd-amd64 kfreebsd-i386

now it seem to get limited to amd64 only.

Best regards,
Alex