Re: Conflict between debian/upstream (DEP-12) & debian/upstream/ (uscan)

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 04:11:41PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 12:06:42AM -0500, James McCoy a écrit :
> >
> > That being said, I don't have access to most of the packages.  Even if I
> > did, it feels "dirty" to go and commit to a couple hundred packages I
> > have no involvement with instead of adapting two pieces of software to
> > deal with both path names.
>
> Hi James,
>
> you already have commit access to the Debian Med packages, like all other
> Debian developers.  Please go ahead !

I take this "go ahead" for "yes, I accept the move".  While I would have
no problems with this I wonder if it is appropriate to simply go on here
without at least informing Debian Science and DebiChem who also maintain
some d/upstream files.  If I might have sounded against the move in the
past my main problem was that the affected parties were not included into
the decision making process.

So I have put the relevant mailing lists in CC to at least give people
lurking there some heads up and a slight chance to insist.

I would say:  If nobody will insist until after the weekend we might go
ahead.  And for the actual action I agree with Charles that I see no
problem if James would simply commit a change to Debian Med repositories
(SVN and Git).  That's fine and would save us (me or Charles) some work
and is perfectly possible permission-wise.

PS: I think I did not got any answer to my question about further plans
    for the debian/upstream/ dir.  I would be really happy to understand
    the big picture to make sure we will not again invent something which
    needs to be changed later on.