Re: New version of ray

Hi Sébastien,

On Tue, Feb 04, 2014 at 04:37:47PM -0600, Sébastien Boisvert wrote:
> >>dpkg-gencontrol: warning: Depends field of package ray-extra:
> >>unknown substitution variable ${python:Depends}
> >
> >I'm not really sure what helper really creates these python:Depends.
> >I guess it is save to ignore these warnings.
>

> Is it safe to remove ${python:Depends} since it is an unknown
> substitution in the context ?

It is safe to remove it because it is replaced by nothing.  However, I
would verify that if there is any Python code inside the package it gets
the needed Python dependency.  The debhelper variables ${*:Depends} are
usually injected by some debhelper

> >Could you please remove the tag (also in the central repository) since
> >some changes were made before the real upload will be done.
>
> I removed my local tag as well as the remote tag.

OK.

> >Thanks for your work on this in any case
> >

> Thank you for your guidance and mentorship.

Another thing: I normalised d/control via `cme fix dpkg-control` (this
also bumps Standards-Version and fixes Vcs fields).  You should have
received the according lintian warnings.  So please make sure you always
call lintian on your build result.  I also noticed that lintian claimed
missing hardening options and I provided the needed patch before
uploading.

Thanks for your work in any case