Re: Orthanc 0.7.2 backport of wheezy

Hi Yaroslav,

On 01/13/2014 04:14 AM, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
Thank you for packaging orthanc -- it looks very interesting!
I wonder -- are there big showstoppers which would forbid its backport
for wheezy?

At some point (0.4.0 iirc) I have tried to build it for wheezy but then
got stuck while backporting also some of the dependencies...

Building Orthanc on wheezy should be quite easy, thanks to the fact that the Orthanc build system can download and compile the third-party dependencies that are not available as system packages (such as Google Log).

However, I do not know whether this is the proper way of doing things with respect to Debian policy: When doing backporting, is it OK for the build system to build third-party dependencies, without backporting the third-party packages themselves?

I was not able either to find a complete "backporting handbook" for Debian Med packages: Andreas, is there such a guide available somewhere?

Cheers,
Sébastien-