Re: Question about debian/upstream reference

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 08, 2014 at 06:12:00PM +0100, Gert Wollny wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just saw on the imaging-tasks page that the reference for my package
> is clobbered, i.e. from debian/upstream

>    Journal: Source Code for Biology and Medicine
>    Year: 2013
>    Volume: 8:20
>
> the reference is created as
>
>     ... Source Code for Biology and Medicine 500 (2013).
>
> I would seem that the colon in "8:20" is the offending part.
> Unfortunately, it is quite common in on-line only journals to use this
> kind of notation.

Well, the 8 is the volume, and the 20 is the article numer/ID or
something, no?

> My questions are now:
>
> * What is the tool used to extract this information? - so that I can see
>   if I am able to fix it, or if not, to file a bug report against the
>   right package.
> * Does anybody now a workaround that would preserve the notation?

I would suggest splitting it to Volume: 8 Pages: 20, even if it is not
really a "Page".  It is certainly not a Volume either, though.

At least that's what we did with e.g. the OpenBabel reference, which is
also designated "3:33":

 - Debian-Package: openbabel
   Title: "Open Babel: An open chemical toolbox"
   Journal: J. Cheminf.
   Year: 2011
   Volume: 3
   Pages: 33