Re: Role of anfo

Hi Tim

On Tue, Jan 07, 2014 at 03:25:04PM +0000, Tim Booth wrote:
> Hmmm - I'm not sure what happened with Anfo at all.  I put it in BL6 by
> special request and I had a working package, but in BL7 it's missing and
> I can't seem to find a record (or remember) why I removed it.

My be since it just did not built?  Thanks to Gert it builds now and I
also created the library packages to deal with the lintian issues.  The
only remaining lintian warning is a missing manpage.  I'm hesitating what
to do here since there is a manpage without a binary (anfo-sge.1) which
might or might not the missing page.  Would a simple rename do the trick.
All other tools do have manpages.

> It's still of interest to me since it's good for degraded environmental
> DNA.  I'll take a look if I get time this week

Some simple test what I commited to SVN should be (hopefully) enough.
You might like to ping me for uploading if you think the package is OK.

Hope this helps BioLinux

         Andreas.

PS: Some clarification about bitseq (see my other mail) would be helpful
    as well.