Re: Build problems with afno

Hi Gert,

On Wed, Jan 08, 2014 at 12:22:22PM +0100, Gert Wollny wrote:
> Hello Andreas & Udo,
>
> the project needed a few more patches (all attached).

thanks a lot Gert, this is very helpful.  BTW, feel free to commit the
patches straight to SVN next time if this simplifies your workflow (I
did so now).

> Udo: I did not report these problems in the upstream github project,
> mainly because one has to fork the project and can not simply attach a
> patch to an issue.
>
> The patches:
>
> 01: silence some warnings that will become errors if C++11 should become
> the default with g++.
>
> 02: correct the initialization of minscore_  - it was initialized from
> itself.
>
> 03: unistd.h needs to be pulled in now manually.
>
> 04: Fixes the template scope problem Andreas actually asked about.
>
> 05: Updated Andreas the configure.ac/Makefile.am patch to properly link
> libprotobuf to the executables.
>
> It now compiles and links on my Debian testing machine - a few warnings
> are left though. I leave it to Andreas to merge the patches into the
> Debian scm - you can just replace the contents of debian/patches with
> the attached files.

I did so and can confirm that it builds in an unstable chroot.

I'm now working on further lintian issues to get the package ready for
upload since Tim confirmed that it makes some sense for BioLinux.