Re: [MoM] Problem reproducing bug in ProbABEL package

Hi Lennart,

On Wed, Jan 01, 2014 at 05:23:26PM +0100, L.C. Karssen wrote:

> This bug also seems to occur on many architectures according to the
> buildd log files at [2].
>
> The problem is that I can't reproduce this bug on my machine (using
> pbuilder), neither for Debian testing nor unstable. In both cases the
> packages 'probabel' and 'probabel-examples' build without problems.

You should try

    dpkg-buildpackage -a

which only builds the architecture dependant packages.

> Does anybody have an idea why a simple chmod step doesn't work on the
> buildd servers (looking at the error message the chmod binary is found,
> so that's not the problem)?

We have some examples in SVN (for instance of package bowtie) which are
featuring the solution for this problem.  You can use

   override_dh_????-indep

or alternatively you should check whether the files you are operating
on are existing.

Feel free to ask for more details if these hints are not sufficient.