Re: Please test emboss packaging in Git

Hi Peter,

On Mon, Sep 09, 2013 at 04:46:10PM +0100, Peter Rice wrote:
> On 09/09/2013 15:54, Andreas Tille wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I wonder if there are volunteers to test EMBOSS packaging in Git.  IMHO
> >we should upload soonish to finally close #694908.  I'll check the other
> >bugs whether these are fixed in new upstream soon but some testing of
> >somebody else before I'll upload might not harm.
>
> Happy to help!
> Peter Rice
> EMBOSS Team

Cool to have somebody from the EMBOSS team reading here.

Are you familiar with creating the package from the Git reporsitory to
check the packages?  If not I could either create inofficial packages
for your test or just upload to unstable and you test packages there and
file bug reports in case of problems.  From my personal point of view
the package is ready for upload.  What do you prefer?

In any case you might like to forward the patch at

   http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-med/emboss.git;a=blob;f=debian/patches/bashism.patch

to your development team.

You might like to inspect the other patches we are currently using:

   http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-med/emboss.git;a=tree;f=debian/patches

whether they are reasonable to ue upstream or not.

Thanks for your interest in Debian Med