Re: [MoM] Debian Med MoM for February

Hi Sukhbir,

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 06:56:27PM -0500, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> I just rebuilt the repository and made the changes. `lintian' output is
> clean but the issue with the watch file still remains.

Well, it is fine so far - if there is no upstream versioning you have no
chance to write a proper watch file.  Functionality-wise the package
would be ready for upload but we want to do some educational cosmetical
changes - so I would suggest the following:

  1. Delete the debian/watch file (because it is useless)
  2. Create debian/lintian-overrides to override the lintian warning
     and add a short comment refering to an explanation in README.source.
  3. Write debian/README.source file documenting why there is no watch
     file and what you tried to contact the author (for instance insert
     a copy of your mail - at this point you see the advantage to for
     instance CC the mailing list in such contacting mails which I always
     do: you could easily link to the list archive)

If this is done I would upload the package (and you might like to
squeeze your mind for another package after having finished the MoM task
in the half of the time ;-) ).

Thanks for your work on this