Re: FWD Next BioPerl release

Le Wed, Feb 06, 2013 at 08:50:02AM +0100, olivier.sallou@codeless.fr a écrit :

> What do you propose ? Push it to experimental but build test then try to
> build all reverse dependants?
> I think there are many packages that depend on BioPerl, how can we test
> them all ? (one by one on our computer? or is there a Debian tool/way to
> do so?)

> I can take the lead on BioPerl if you want.

Hi Olivier,

yes, please take the lead if you feel so.  Given that you maintain gbrowse, it
makes a lot of sense.

We can commit the next upstream version in an experimental branch of the
Git repository of the bioperl source package.  Then either we upload, or
the developers build the package themselves and test it.

To test the reverse dependancies, since most of them execute their regression
tests at build time, we can for instance install bioperl in a chroot,
and rebuild all of them.  This may be eased by pbuilder or schroot.

  - /usr/share/doc/pbuilder/examples/rebuild/README
  - http://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org/ArchiveTesting

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy