Re: Safe Community Conference in Arusha, Tanzania

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 02:43:34PM +0100, Arne Wichmann wrote:
> This mail might be of interest to some of you. Specifically:
> - debian-med : this might be of specific interest to you
> > I write with the aim of establishing whether there might be interest
> > within the Debian community in participating in the conference to promote
> > the use of the Debian OS and free software in science, government and
> > healthcare (GNU Health). PeerCorps is an advocate of FLOSS software.

I was in private contact with Joost van Baal-Ili and Emilien Klein about
this and intended to post an announcement here as well.  Thanks for
beeing faster than me. ;-)

> Ok, this is interesting but problematic. We are a volunteer based
> organization, and as such funding intercontinental flights is difficult.
> I will forward this mail to different subgroups which might be interested
> in helping out. (I myself would probably not afford it but might come if
> funded.)

Joost is seriously considering joining and I promised support by giving
the needed information but he also needs sponsorship.  If anybody has
an idea how to help him, that would be cool.