Re: Debuild issue

Hi Gregory,

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 05:25:12PM -0800, Gregory Sharp wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to rebundle a new plastimatch, but ran into a strange issue.
> Even after several hours I can't figure it out.
>
> I have a plastimatch_1.5.15+dfsg-1.orig.tar.gz, but it looks like
> a plastimatch_1.5.15+dfsg.orig.tar.gz is wanted.  (See below for details.)

The source tarball should not contain the Debian revision number.  The
"-1" in the end is the Debian package version which will be increased
if there would be a need to change the packaging.

> Should I just rename the .tar.gz file and go about my business?

Yes, definitely.  The name should be

   plastimatch_1.5.15+dfsg.orig.tar.gz

I also think that if I will sponsor the package I will consider using
the enhanced uscan[1] to create the upstream source and allows better
compression option.

For simplicity you can simply care for commiting your packaging code as
usual to SVN and ping this list.  We will care for an upload.

Hope this helps

       Andreas.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/UscanEnhancements