Re: Demande pour rejoindre le projet Debian Med de la part de Daniel Barker (dbarker-guest)

Le Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 01:02:48PM +0000, Daniel Barker a écrit :

> htslib RC5 has six failures on Raspbian / ARMv6 out of 240 tests. For
> comparison, there were no failures on OS X / Intel. (I didn't try Linaro /
> ARMv7 because I'm having some unrelated stability problem.)
>
> Your suggestion would be for me to get a GitHub account and report the
> htslib failures there? I can do that.
>
> I doubt much HTS research is happening on Raspberry Pi, but I agree it has
> educational value. Also, future-proofing the software for different CPU
> families seems sensible.

Dear Daniel,

yes, please give it a try.  While the Pi is not powerful enough to work on
mammalian genomes, it may be enough for tutorials using smaller ones (fly,
yeast, or bacteria).

Not being a programmer I can not help at all for the porting to ARM, but
I have experience in “next-generation” sequencing and I would be happy
to give advices if you need.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy