Status of dotur

Hi Patrick,

as you might know the program dotur is distributed in Debian (maintained
by Debian Med team).  I realised that the former download place

   http://www.plantpath.wisc.edu/fac/joh/DOTUR/

vanished and a further research leaded to

   http://www.mothur.org/software/dotur.html

which says:

   Please use mothur instead, feel free to contact Pat Schloss for more
   information.

Could you please so kind and enlight us with more information?  We would
like to know whether we should remove dotur from Debian and how exactly
we could replace it by mothur (which is packaged as well).  Is there any
wrapper script that behaves explicitly like dotur (just in case some
user have scripts hanging around which are relying on dotur).