Re: mobilECG support

Hi Peter,

thanks for your interest into Debian Med.

On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 07:23:10PM +0200, Peter Isza wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been working on this project for 8 months now:
> http://igg.me/at/mobilecg. I would like to make it work out of the box with
> as many operating systems as possible.
>
> The device is a USB HID device, it doesn't require any special drivers or
> kernel settings. The software itself is not open source, but the API will
> be open.
>
> Would it be possible for Debian Med to support my device?

Any DFSG Free Software could be supported but if you want to speed up
the packaging of your software for Debian it might be advisable to
create packages on your own and ask for sponsering.  We (as in Debian
Med team) have some good tradition of teaching newcomers how to create
packages[1] and we would really like to support your attempt but if you
just rely that we will do the packaging work and we put it on our
(longish) todo list we can not make sure that we will match your timing
expectations (we have quite a long todo list ...)

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed/MoM