Re: Biological data being used by an unpublished research paper is considered proprietary

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your very helpful answer. Seriously, it is rare to get
such a good answer on such a topic. I actually read your response on
academia.sx before you saw your email, and I should have guessed such
a good reason would have come from a Debian person. Also, I see you
registered the same day as your answer. :-)

I'm keeping debian-devel and debian-med cc'd for now, because I do
have some general questions about biological data licensing. If the
lists want me to go away, just say so.

Since you posted your answer publicly, I'm assuming you don't mind if
I quote it. I recommend you post your answer to the Debian lists,
since there is no guarantee that academia.sx will be around forever.

See responses inline. I'm afraid there are a lot of questions, but I
really can't pass up the opportunity to get some answers for
once. Sorry about that.

If you don't want to answer my questions (and let's face it, you
probably don't) perhaps you can suggest some suitable mailing
list(s)/forum(s)?