Re: best policies for third party Debian packaging and get-orig-source target

Le Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 10:34:37PM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 06:41:59PM +0000, Faheem Mitha wrote:
>
> > I'm a little puzzled why ggplot2 is being packaged by Debian
> > Med. It is a general purpose R graphing package.

> What I currently can see from the status in Git the preparation for
> the latest upstream is done but the Build-Depends r-cran-scales is
> just missing.  It is waiting in
>
>    http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html
>
> since one month when Charles has uploaded this package.  So we can hope
> that it will be accepted soonish so r-cran-ggplot2 will follow.

Dear Faheem,

I received multiple enquiries about ggplot2, and I am very sorry that I got
confused and forgot to answer to yours.

I am also very sorry for the state of this package.  When preparing the update,
I overlooked some of the new pakcages that need to be introduced, which added a
long waiting period to the process.  When they will be accepted in Debian,
ggplot2 will be updated a soon as possile.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,