Re: Imaging experts opinion wanted: Should we keep ctn?

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 9:04 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> I remember that I had a hard time when I updated ctn the last time which
> was five years ago.  Upstream did not even issued a new version since
> ten years.  So I wonder what you might think about ctn:  Should I simply
> update the package to todays Debian standards of packaging or is this
> rather a waste of time and we have better software to deal with the
> tasks that could be done with ctn?

I think we should move on to mirctn:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mirctn/files/mirctn/

AFAIK ctn from debian and mirctn are compatible, mainly thanks to:

http://patch-tracker.debian.org/patch/series/view/ctn/3.0.6-13/20_mysql_4.2.patch

CTN may not be as active as dcmtk, but still being used AFAIK.

2cts
--
Mathieu