Re: GSoC : Interested In "cloud image for bioinformatics " Project

Le Wed, May 01, 2013 at 01:57:34AM +0530, Mridul Bhatnagar a écrit :
> Respected Developers,
>                                   I am interested in cloud image for
> bioinformatics with Debian project for GSoC. And, I want to know what
> should I put on the proposal, as the
> https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2013/Projects#Title_of_the_project
> page says that depending on the content of the proposal, the student will
> be able to learn. Since, I have interest in Cloud computing and quite
> before I have used the amazon aws services. Please help me by guiding me
> properly for the proposal.

Dear Mridul,

I have written more details in the following post on the debian-cloud list.

    http://lists.debian.org/debian-cloud/2013/04/msg00006.html

However, I am not very available today and in the next few days, to my gut
feeling is that the chances of writing a good proposal together are very low:
the timeline of the GSoC 2013 is the following:

    April 9 - 21:  Would-be student participants discuss application ideas with
                   mentoring organizations.

    April 22:      Student application period opens.

    May 3:         Student application deadline.

        http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2013/help_page#2._What_is_the_program_timeline

In order to build a good project, we should have been discussing and
interacting from April 9...  It may be confusing, but April 22 is the date for
students to have proposals in a good shape to be submitted to the
organisations, so that there are some days left to solve potential problems.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,